Dr Shirley Mcilvenny – Integrative General Practitioner
MBBCH, MD, FRACGP, FRCGP(UK
Dr Shirley Mcilvenny trained in the UK and completed a doctoral thesis on fatigue. She has over 30 years experience as a general practitioner and has worked in several different countries and health systems, gaining a variety of experience in conventional medicine, traditional therapies and integrative medicine.
Her main interests include mental health issues including Depression, Anxiety, Addiction, Bipolar illness, Dr Shirley offers a new approach to addictions incorporating biobalance therapy, nutritional and psychological techniques to balancing brain hormones, which can reverse addictive behaviour.
Diabetes and Weight Loss
She also provides diabetic and weight loss programs which improve metabolism and reduce your requirements for medication. Dr Shirley also runs nutrition training programs and is CEO of the International Association of Food and Nutrition Coaches. Follow her blog on DrShirleyMD.com.
Thyroid and Adrenals
Dr Shirley is also an expert in fatigue and mitochondrial problems. She treats thyroid and adrenal diseases.
Allergies and food intolerances
She offers Biobalance therapy as well as allergy skin testing and immunotherapy, IgG testing for foods.
Dr Shirley is also interested in genetic profiles and will interpret your gene testing.
- Mental Health
- Thyroid and Adrenal health
- Interpretation of DNA and gene testing
- Doctorate of Medicine, MD
- Fellow Royal College of General Practitioners
- Fellows Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Diploma Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, UK
- Harvard Macy Scholar
- Royal College of General Practitioners(UK), RCGP
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, RACGP
- Australasian College of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine, ACNEM