Exercise physiology involves in the prescription of exercise and rehabilitation using scientific and evidence based approaches. It may assist in the treatment of:
• Chronic disease management
• Rehabilitation from chronic pain and injuries
• Weight loss and maintenance
• General health and fitness
• Neuromuscular conditions e.g. Parkinson's Disease, Stroke
• Musculoskeletal conditions such as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and lower back pain
• Cardiac conditions such as heart disease and hypertension
• Pulmonary conditions such as asthma
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
A consultation with our Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Stephen Pennisi, will offer a well-informed starting point for a healthier life. Stephen will provide education, exercise guidance and assistance with time management to help you fit physical activity into your busy schedule.
During your first consultation, Stephen will assess your health, fitness, posture, biomechanics, lifestyle habits and medical history. This will enable him to create a personalised plan to cater to your specific goals, health issues and lifestyle.
Depending on your needs this plan may include seeing your exercise physiologist regularly for supervised exercise sessions, or periodic support to keep you on track.