Tomatis Sound Therapy
The Tomatis method is a non-invasive sound therapy for children, which primes the brain's "hearing and listening" capabilities through a process of re-wiring. The Tomatis method may strengthen the underdeveloped ear, helping to improve auditory processing, comprehension, communication, language, learning ability, social behaviour, voice and singing creativity, social behaviour and emotional management. Tomatis may also help the ear to work at its optimum potential.
Tomatis sound therapy may help to support behavioural, emotional and language difficulties and may be effective for treating children with the following:
• ADD, ADHD
• Speech delay
• Learning difficulties
• Memory or motivation challenges
• Issues with attention and/or concentration
• Auditory processing challenges
• Emotional & Behavioural challenges
• Stress or depression
• Low confidence and/or creativity
• Sensory integration challenges
• Poor balance and/or coordination
• Motor skill challenges
Tomatis can also be conducted in the home environment and worked into a family's daily routine.
For more information on the Tomatis method visit www.tomatis.com.au.