FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do Intravenous Nutrient and Vitamin Therapies and Hyperthermia treatments help to treat cancer?
Intravenous (IV) Nutrient and Vitamin Therapy and Hyperthermia treatments work together with or without chemotherapy or radiotherapy (if you choose to) to improve your immune system to help fight the cancer. At NIIM Gold Coast, we have German Local and Whole Body Hyperthermia equipment. We combine these treatments with different IV nutrients and vitamins (depending on your type of cancer) to modulate your immune system helping your body to destroy cancer cells. Through these treatments we are also aiming to improve your quality of life.
How do I organise to have Intravenous Nutrient and Vitamin Therapy and Hyperthermia treatments? How many treatments will I need?
Each cancer patient is different, the initial consultation (1 hour) is for you to be assessed for all of your health issues (not just your cancer) by one of the Doctors at NIIM Gold Coast.
The initial consultation includes:
- A full medical assessment, examination and further testing if necessary (CT, PET)
- A tailor made and specific treatment plan for you
- An explanation of how each therapy works
- Circulating Tumour Cells testing (if indicated)
- Different IV therapies (from Germany) that might benefit you
- A plan for working with your current health care professionals (Naturopath, Oncologist etc.) or your overseas treating Doctor
- A written-out plan for the number and types of treatments you might need for a ten-step initial program to help you regain or maintain your health
How long do the treatments last for?
Whole Body Hyperthermia: 2 hours ( = IV total 3 hours)
Local Hyperthermia: 1 hour (plus IV total 2 hours)
Intravenous Treatments: 1–3 hours (depending on number required and dosages)
What other immune supportive cancer treatments do you have ?
Pulse Electric Magnetic Field Therapy (PEMFT) re-energises damaged cells by inducing electrical changes within the cell to restore it to its normal healthy state. Damaged cells (cancer) vibrate at 20 millivolts. PEMFT recharges your cells to optimal voltages to 70 – 90 milli-volts, restoring normal function.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) increases the oxygen saturation in your tissues for the prevention of cancer, increasing sensitivity to radiotherapy and chemotherapy, and general wellbeing
- Herbal and diet therapies for cancer and all chronic diseases
- Compounded vitamins and minerals for MTHFR positive patients (Dr Shirley McIlvinney)
What is the waiting period to see a doctor at NIIM Gold Coast?
We have four Doctors working at NIIM Gold Coast. The average waiting time is 2 - 3 weeks, however we recommend booking as soon as possible to ensure we can fit you in at a time that suits you.
Are all the doctors at NIIM Gold Coast holistic?
Can you help with anxiety and depression?
Yes, we have doctors who specialise in the Bio Balance Pfeiffer Protocol (the correction of bio-chemical imbalances in the brain that can cause depression, anxiety and learning difficulties etc.). Dr Shirley McIlvenny, Dr Dominic Wells and Dr Valerie Cole.
Do you do chelation therapy?
Yes, chelation therapy is provided at NIIM Gold Coast for the treatment and prevention of heart disease and for the removal of heavy metals.
How much do the treatments cost?
- 30-50% of doctors consultations are covered by Medicare
- The treatments are non Medicare-rebateable
- Our prices for treatment vary (depending on the dosages of Intravenous nutrients and number of Hyperthermia sessions) and vary from 1/5th to 1/4 of the cost of German treatments
What is your success rate with immune supportive cancer therapies?
We usually see marked improvement in the quality of life in most of our patients if the cancer is not in a late stage and progressive. We have had a few successful cases decreasing the size of tumors in ovarian, kidney, bladder and bowel cancer.